Search This Blog

Saturday 4 October 2014

Diff trimming

Not much going on in the Workshop at the moment, more getting set up ready for a week off soon so I can get stuck in without having to faff about too much. Not that it will stop me faffing about, just that I have less to faff about with.

So the diff fins were cut back roughly even, and then the diff re-fitted to ensure I had the right gap. At some point I will powerfile these round and even, but I couldn't be bothered the other day.



So there is now a 10mm gap between the fins and the diff at full droop, which is plenty. The next thing to do on the rear is to re-do the A frame. I've never been 100% happy with having the mounts hanging off the shell. I'm going to make a longer frame so the chassis mount will be directly under the spring hanger. This will make it much stiffer, and the new frame will have rod ends so I can adjust it more easily too. Being a relatively simple shape, it shouldn't take long to make the new one and the current mount can be cut down to save making new ones entirely from scratch.


No comments:

Post a Comment